Old 21-09-2004, 07:22 AM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:11:51 +0200, "Reka"
wrote:

Thanks, John. Now how do you get it off the frigging mount, or shall I just bury the whole mount in the bark? I don't have a
basket, but a net pot would probably do okay, I guess.

Cut down the mount if there is a lot of unused territory. But if
the plant is fully engaging the mounting material, just bury it.
Just remember the solid material will change the flow of water
thru your bark mix if it is under the plant. Sometimes you can
encourage the plant to walk into a pot and off a mount. Loosen
what can be and encourage the roots to explore the mix. Over a
couple of repottings you should be able to remove the slab
remnants.
SuE