Old 21-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Bill

I have one made by Shop*Vac that pumps water out through a garden hose while
sucking water in through the vacuum hose. It is model number QPV-10.5B. The
water flow out is not quite as fast (as you might guess) as the incoming
volume so you restrict the inflow or pause every so often to let the water
pump part catch up. I have used mine for a couple years now and am please
with it's performance. I put a piece of plastic cross-stitch canvas into the
attachment on the end to limit the size of stuff it will pick up, also
provides some restriction.

Bill

"Hank" wrote in message
I've seen pond vacs advertised that use a garden hose to create a
vacuum to clean bottom of pond.Has anyone had any experience positive
or negative. Are their any other vacs available for $150 or less
Thanks Hank