Old 22-09-2004, 01:00 AM
RichToyBox

Some of the pond vacs that use the garden hose do not discharge the water
out of the pond. The chlorine/chloramines in the hose water is being
discharged into the pond and most people don't know how much, so it is
untreated, and can cause fish kills. Some do have a discharge hose to make
the hose water and waste go out of the pond. The ones I have seen, unless
you could get the discharge hose below the level of the pond, were pretty
weak. I have a vac that works very well on ponds of 2000 to 4000+ gallons
shown on Page 4 of my web page below.
--
RichToyBox

"Hank" wrote in message
I've seen pond vacs advertised that use a garden hose to create a
vacuum to clean bottom of pond.Has anyone had any experience positive
or negative. Are their any other vacs available for $150 or less
Thanks Hank