Old 22-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Steveo

"M&K" wrote:
The northwest corner of our roof has a yellow jacket nest underneath a
flaw in the shingles, which I plan to fix once I get rid of the bugs.
These are the variety that like to buzz around garbage cans and such. I
bought a trap and hung it right next to the nest. The phermone lure
didn't interest them, neither did Pepsi. One thing that did work was the
slime from the bottom of my garbage can. But there wasn't enough of that
to last. I did find that dark corn syrup was somewhat attractive.

I've used two cans of insecticide on this nest, which put them back some,
and I want to get rid of it so I can fix my roof before it gets cold. But
the lil *******s are stubborn. What is irresistable to these buggers? I
want to make the inside of the trap black with bugs.

Thanks

Find some Diazinon liquid EC and saturate the area after dark. Mix it
at grub strength and be careful where it runs off.

Buh-bye any insect.