Old 22-09-2004, 01:22 AM
Larry

"M&K" wrote in message
news:QV14d.81478$MQ5.26813@attbi_s52...
The northwest corner of our roof has a yellow jacket nest underneath a

flaw
in the shingles, which I plan to fix once I get rid of the bugs. These are
the variety that like to buzz around garbage cans and such. I bought a

trap
and hung it right next to the nest. The phermone lure didn't interest

them,
neither did Pepsi. One thing that did work was the slime from the bottom

of
my garbage can. But there wasn't enough of that to last. I did find that
dark corn syrup was somewhat attractive.

I've used two cans of insecticide on this nest, which put them back some,
and I want to get rid of it so I can fix my roof before it gets cold. But
the lil *******s are stubborn. What is irresistible to these buggers? I

want
to make the inside of the trap black with bugs.

Thanks

I was able to use my shop vac to suck all the inhabitants from a fairly
large nest. I have a long hose, so I was able to slowly and quietly keep
sucking them up without alarming them. Worked great for me.