Old 16-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Steve

Nell wrote:
Steve wrote:

Norma, I have had Paphs growing in with the diseased Phals since
before the Phal problem started. The Paphs are healthy and doing fine.
On the other hand, my Dendrobiums developed a spot disease about the
same time the Phals started and it doesn't seem to go away with
fungicides. It behaves quite a bit like the Phal disease.

An onc. (Sharry Baby) also has spots. Not the same kind of spots that
the phals have but close. Also has not flowered this year. I'm posting
a pic of it in the binary group the minute I finish posting here.

All my orchids are in the kitchen window, northwest exposure and they
have thrived there for years until recently. We had the window replaced
last year and that's the only difference in the environment. No more
bone-chilling drafts in January (we're in Canada). Wonder if this is
what has started the problem for some reason.

N.

I looked at your Sharry Baby picture last night but didn't have time to
respond. My problem Oncidiums don't look exactly like that, but some are
similar. I notice that the disease causes bad spots on the pseudobulbs.
Mine do the same.
Since you have the same Phal disease and probably the same Oncidium
disease, I think that may be a small bit of evidence that it's really
the same disease in both.
I wonder if anyone has that disease in an Oncidium with normal healthy
Phals growing near by?

Steve