Old 22-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Jim Carlock

African appetizers...
http://www.food-insects.com/book7_31...a,%20et c.htm

New Orleans delights...
http://www.spike-jamie.com/recipes/recipes12.html

Canadians talking about Florida treats...
http://www.canadafreepress.com/2004/garden061404.htm

Northeastern United States candy...
http://www.tastycicada.com/

They are definitely edible! Yumm!!! Search for cricket in
the links above and you'll find some tasty recipes.

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup.

"Holley" wrote:
Yep. That's the answer I needed -- hairspray! We've had the little
critters in the past, and they sure do like quilts and blankets.
They're worse than any moth, and there are repellants for moths!

Off to Wally World for hair spray to save my fabric collection.

Thanks

My garden seems to have more now than last month, but not too bad as
yet. occassioally one or two seem to get in to the house ...by
osmosis???G and when they do, i spray them with either hair spray or
detergent and that gets them and is safe for the environment. I
dislike killing the little buggers as i visualize Jimminy Cricket of
Pinnochio fame with his little green top hat but the little boogers
eat holes in my quilts and blankets if i allow them to stay in the
house. I also use hair spray to elimminate the occasional roach who
gets beyond my boraxo barrier.
Leo/lee