Old 18-09-2004, 01:20 AM
Mary McHugh

Pat Kiewicz wrote:

I hope you prefer the sweet, ripe peppers to the green ones. Far more
nutritious.

Blueberries are among the most phyto-chemically rich fruits you can eat.
Plus dark-colored grapes and plums. How about peaches and colorful
melons?

As for veggies, diet that discourages you from eating carrots and deep orange
sweet potatoes is silly.

Final word.

Agreed. I'm sure my lo-carb bud Ruth (RPM1) will probably jump in but
the secret to low-carb diets is this:

When you eliminate the carbs, you're also eliminating a huge vector for
high fat, high calorie junk and this may be why some people lose weight
on the diet. No bread means no butter or high-fat, high-cal spreads, no
Fettucini Alfredo or other cream sauces for the pasta, no butter and
sour cream on the potatoes, no cake or sweets, and so forth and so on.

The basic equation still boils down to total calories consumed vs. total
calories expended.

Mary