Old 22-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Tom

"so238" wrote in message
[snip]
Are you just curious about generic "lighting" or does it have to be MH
lighting?

About the cheapest way to get the most lumens for your money is by
overdriving normal output flourescent bulbs. There is tons of info
available on the subject, so I suppose you already know about it.

Tom

Maybe So238 knows about it, but I don't.....here I come Google...

--Jim--

I'll look at that one, sounds interesting but didn't know about it.

Sorry, thought everyone in the world had heard about that.

This will get you started. It works perfectly. I have two setups running
ODNO (Over-Driven Normal Output) lights at present, one overdriven 2x and
one at 4x. In future, I'll probably just use 2x units as it seems to get
the most bang for the buck and almost normal tube life.

http://www.plantedtank.net/odno.html

....and he

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...threadid=48133

....and he

http://www.plantedtank.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=194

That should get you going. I'm surprised everyone does not use this
technique with their flourescent setups if they need the light.

Tom