Old 22-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Roy

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:32:01 -0500, "~ Windsong ~"
wrote:

===
==="Roy" wrote in message
et...
===. here we just let it clump up
=== and get mushy and pull the stalks off as it will take up again in
=== spring where it left off the previous year.
===
===** How cold do your winters get?
===
===They sell dry taro
=== tubers,
===
===** The black or purple tubers?
===
===so I would assume if you dug it up and washed it, and placed
=== it in a plastic bag or a container filled with dry peat and place it
=== in a dark cool spot it will be right for next years go.
===
===** I winter over my Caladium's, a related plant dry in their pots. But the
===black taro has a mass of roots the Caladium's don't have. Drying these
===roots may kill them - no?

Not very cold really........no special precautions are used to thwart
cold weather done in this area.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.