Old 22-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Susan Erickson

On 22 Sep 2004 13:05:44 GMT, nospamX
(TRAINMAN9) wrote:

My question is, what sort of a greenhouse do you have and where is it in the
greenhouse?

My greenhouse has a fiberglass covering and faces due south. The plant is
hanging like some of my other cattleya types from hooks about 12 inches below
the interior surface of the greenhouse covering. I have two other mature catts
in bud so I doubt if light is an issue.

I wonder if these plants like a cool drying off period in order to initiate
blooming?

There are no roots outside the pot.

Mine take all the light that the Ascda do and no special dry or
chill. It still could be light, but it sounds more like a
reluctant bloomer. Maybe a dry spell would shock it in to
cooperating with you.
SuE