Old 22-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Warren

Bob S. wrote:

Kill the grass first, then till it in. Use Roundup at double the
recommended rate, wait 2 weeks, then till it. Roundup will not affect
next years garden crop, nor you.

Used *as directed*, dangerous residues will be below generally accepted
danger levels. Doubling the application rate, which is illegal, may not
have the same results. That's assuming the generally accepted danger
levels are acceptable to you in the first place. Remember, they aren't
saying that nothing is left behind. Only that the level is an acceptable
risk based on currently known information.

Personally, I feel that we're exposed to enough risks that we cannot
easily minimize. Purposely adding additional risk without gaining a
significant benefit isn't a good way to go about life. Poisoning the
existing vegetation to make room for food crop may be a easier than
mechanically removing the existing vegetation, but not that much easier.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: What does a new kitchen need?
http://www.holzemville.com/community...hen/index.html