Old 22-09-2004, 10:29 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I am in MD, near Baltimore. It's been too cold to swim for weeks now, so the
pool is getting closed this weekend. I was thinking of moving my filter
plants to the main pond, so I could drain, and clean the filter. I figure
then I can let the stream dry up so I can patch the leak. After I do all
that, I'll probably leave the filter empty for the winter and call the pond
ready for the winter.

Too early? BV.

Are the leaves starting to fall yet?

Zone 7a, I put my screens on about mid-October, but I've already done my
final cleaning of one bio-chamber and last weekend was the pre-filter,
these will both run using a slower pump come end of Oct when I clean the
other bio-filter and store it dry along with the main pump.

My deciding factor about screens is, one good wind storm that has me raking
leaves out of the ponds, one time of that and I don't want to do it again,
screens go on. ;o) ~ jan
~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~