Old 22-09-2004, 10:53 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I'd be very interested in your results, especially dry storage. I took
bring in my taros, in buckets, next to window and under lights. Would be so
much easier to store dry, but I'm not brave enough to try. ~ jan

On 21 Sep 2004 10:12:28 -0700, (Lt. Kizhe Catson) wrote:

It'll be frost-time fairly soon here (Ottawa), so I'm planning what to
do. In past years I've kept my Black Magic Taro awake, in a small
aquarium under grow-bulbs (interesting factoid: the deep dusky colour
only appears under sunlight; under artificial light the leaves are
dark green with only the veins showing maroon).

However, I divided it this year, so I now have three healthy pots and
can afford to experiment (ie. risk losing one). So: can taro be
overwintered in a dormant state, and if so how? Should it be kept wet
or dry, and at what temperature?

And of course the followup Q is: how do I wake it up in Spring? I
have a sunroom which would be good for "hardening off" (if that's
something you can even do to taro).

-- Kizhe

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~