Old 23-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Ray

Oh, yeah, one more thing: the sentence that has the words "night" and
"misting" is not so good a sign. Leaving a plant damp in the evening is not
a good idea, as that's a perfect invitation for rot.

..
"Xi Wang" wrote in message
Hi group,

I noticed something weird on one of my phals the other day, and I was
wondering if anyone else has seen this before. A Phal. Amaglad 'Hong' is
putting out 2 new leaves simultaneously (from one crown). The first leave
started growing a few days ago, and is maybe 1cm tall, and still growing.
But last night, whilst misting, I noticed that from the centre of the new
leaf was emergying another growth. I thought phals grew a leaf at a time.
And the thing is, this isn't even a really healthy plant. It has some rot
a while ago, and has lost a lot of the root system - is it now in the
process of putting out some new roots.

Cheers,
Xi