Old 23-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Oz

John Morgan writes

He no doubt has a Land Certificate that guarantees ownership of
the land. I had one for a parcel of land that the government
wanted to build a road on. It turned out not to be worth the
paper it was printed on.

Well it is, but in certain circumstances the government assumes certain
powers,

If the state wants your land, for any
reason whatsoever, it's as good as gone.

They will pay a 'fair price', which is regrettably usually substantially
less than the owner considers it worth.

THAT'S how much it
belongs to him.

Still about as good as it gets.

No realistic amount of money would make me plant any more

trees, for
example. Simply because once planted they can in effect never

be removed
due to legislation.

I find that difficult to believe. Plantation trees are a crop as
much as wheat or sheep.

No problem, you can fell a woodland but invariably the license that
permits that specifies that it shall be replanted within XX years and
maintained properly thereafter. So these can be removed, but only if you
immediately replace them.

Trees elsewhere still require a license to fell, with much the same
result.

Trees that have been inadvertently been left to grow to a significant
size in a garden in a conservation area, are definitely there for good.
The examples of this I could give would make your hair curl.

Seems your government has screwed up
somewhere and needs to have the error of its ways pointed out to
it.

Completely pointless. They are so clueless they don't understand the
words you use. Trees are GOOD and should NEVER be cut down under ANY
circumstance....

--
Oz

BTOPENWORLD address about to cease. DEMON address no longer in use.
Use

still functions.