Old 23-09-2004, 11:19 AM
Pat Kiewicz

M&K said:

Thanks to everyone on the spraying, but the nest is in a VERY inaccessible
place. I am mainly trying to trap tham and am looking for something
irresistable to put in the trap.

A few crushed nestmates usually seems to call them out in swarms.

I've had them show up when I'm using bleach outdoors.

Late in the year, sugary things seem to be the most attractive. They feed on
fallen fruit and even chew up raspberries still on the canes. Watermelon
and muskmelon get major picnic attention late in the year.

You can buy formulated baits (some may include pheremones)

http://www.victorpest.com/wasp_home.htm

http://www.groworganic.com/cgy_436.html (scroll down to item PIT762)

http://lawn-and-garden.aubuchonhardw...ilizers/insect
icides_and_insect_repellants/sure_fire_yellow_jacket_bait-757454.asp

(attributed to Don Marti)