Old 23-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Doc Muhlbaier

I don't know about the drums.

On landscaping, start with a couple of books. "Landscaping for Dummies"
(I'm sure such a title exists!), or visit the Agricultural Extension
Service. Home Depot and Lowe's both have good selections. Or go to the
Wake Public Library and get the most dog-eared one.

Depending on what you are doing, you may want to engage a landscape
architect (many landscapers and nurseries offer this service). It's not
free, but it's one of the quickest ways to know what will and will not work
here in the triangle.

If you can wait 3 weeks, go to the NC State Fair and talk to the Master
Gardeners. It will be a very well spent $6.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke

"KSFeeman" wrote in message

Does anyone know where to get 50 to 55 gallon drums for relatively cheap
or free? I want to make my own rain barrels and have heard that there
are places that use them, and need to get rid of them. Any
suggestions?

Also, I am planning on landscaping my yard, but have no idea where to
begin, as I am not a professional. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, I live in Raleigh.

Thanks!

Kevin

--