Old 23-09-2004, 07:44 PM
paghat

In article ,
(Laura) wrote:

Hi all,

After searching the internet I found this post about using Ornamec to
remove the vines.
http://www.backyardgardener.com/shru...sages/913.html

I ordered the Ornamec 170 and applied it twice, the second time about
a week or two after the first time.

The vines are still thriving - any ideas on how to get rid of them,
short of digging out each root? It's difficult to get to all of it,
and there is quite a bit of it around my yard.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Laura

And what's so hard about digging it up? It is shallowly rooted stuff, so
it's not like you have to dig to china. But if that chore's a horrible
prospect, see the Vinegar thread & spot-treat with the strongest vinegar
you can find, careful not to spray anything else. Kitchen vinegar takes
several applications as its only 5% acetic acid; horticultural acetic acid
is stronger, a bit more dangerous to play with, but works in hours if
applied strongly on a warm dry day. Even with this relatively innocuous
organic method, I'd first get rid of as much vinca as possible by digging
it up, then spritz whatever emerges after that.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"