Old 23-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Xi Wang

Hi,

Thanks for your comments Ray. I know it's not great to mist the roots
in the evening, and they say you should do it in the morning, but
sometimes if the aerial roots have been dry all day then I just can't
help it. What is the reasoning behind the whole 'mist in the morning'
maxim? I mean, I see no reason why fungi would be more likely to strike
at night than during the day.

Cheers,
Xi

Ray wrote:
Oh, yeah, one more thing: the sentence that has the words "night" and
"misting" is not so good a sign. Leaving a plant damp in the evening is not
a good idea, as that's a perfect invitation for rot.