Old 24-09-2004, 04:40 AM
Steven Wachs

I am in NY therefore I would not know if my situation would be the same as
yours . I have had a problem with Maples this growing season. I collect
Japanese Maples, mostly Palmatums/.I lost several young trees this spring. for no
apparent reason.
I also noticed that some landscape Palmatumson Long Island with severe die
back. For some reason leaves on certain branches were turning brown and
dying. Branches next to dying branches appeared not to be affected. I have seen
this repeatedly lately and I am concerned as to whether there is something
contagious going around.

SteveW
LI NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++