Old 24-09-2004, 03:25 PM
PK

Mcploppy © wrote:
Hi All,

For the past few years I hve been having a lot of bother with
ants under my patio, the result is now my slabs are becoming
uneven as the little "things" are erroding the base away.

I intend to lift the slabs and relay the entire patio... but
first would like to find out how to totally erradicate the
little "things".

Over the years I have used many different powders and sprays...
still the little "things" keep coming back.

Suggestions ????

TIA

Either lay the patio on a mortar bed (preferred) or mix in a small amount of
cement (10:1 ratio) to stabilise the sand

Also water the while area with a 20:1 armillatox mix - not to kill the ants
of course, that would be off label and illegal, but just to make sure the
soil is nicely washed and clean (;-). Also, the little buggers like to keep
their nests clean and appreciate a few drops of neat armillatox at the
entrance hole that they can take inside to their friends.

--
---

PK

---