Old 24-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Jim Lewis

On 24 Sep 2004 at 20:00, Anil Kaushik wrote:

Hi Everybody

In a reply to Andrew's query on the above subject, Jim wrote," Fertilizing
won't hurt at this time. Once every 2 weeks. Follow instructions on label."
I doubt if it is advisable to fertilize so soon after a major surgery. A
week medium certainly helps in stimulating the roots as they grow in all
directions in search of nutrition. Once new foliage begins to grow, one can
apply small doses of fertilizers and can gradually increase as the growth
picks up.

Well, he said it has been 2 months since the surgery, so even if
it IS damaging to fertilize after root work -- and I do not
think it is -- enough time would have passed.

No fertilization after root work, use of dilute fertilizer (then
or any other time) are all (IMHO) bonsai myths. NO ONE has
managed to provide me with the science behind any of them.

I routinely fertilize after repotting, and I always mix the
fertilizer according to the label, and have never had any
problems therefrom.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --