Old 22-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Iris Cohen

I was wondering if the same holds true for the others: Twisted Acacia,
Texas Ranger, and Desert Willow.

You need to get the scientific names to communicate adequately.
Most acacias can be used for bonsai with varying degrees of success. Try it.
"Texas Ranger," also known as Texas sage, Leucophyllum frutescens, is used for
bonsai in the Southwest. However, it is said to be intolerant of high humidity,
so it might be doubtful for Cleveland.
I tried Desert willow, Chilopsis linearis. It can be used for bonsai, but the
problem with growing it in the North is that it is one of those in-betweens
which need a dormant period, but are only half-hardy. You will have to find the
right winter location for it.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."