Old 24-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Colin Guze

Default Lemon Tree

Hi There,
(If this question is not on topic can someone please direct me to the proper
group)

Three years ago on a whim I put a few lemon seeds in a pot from a lemon I
bought at the grocery store (just a regular lemon, not organic or anything).
A tree did come up but after three years it's only about 6 inches high. I've
also struggled keeping it alive as it has almost died on a few occasions. I
live in Victoria BC Canada and I keep it inside for the winter and outside
for the summer. I have also never changed its soil. I water it twice a week
and feed it generic plant food sporadically.

I have never inquired how to care for this. Is it futile trying to grow
this tree. Since the seed came from a grocery store lemon, which I bet is
from a genetically modified super tree, will this tree bear any fruit at
all? Also I would like some tips about watering, soil, food etc. any help
appreciated.

Thank you very much
Colin