Old 24-09-2004, 09:43 PM
zxcvbob

Colin Guze wrote:
Hi There,
(If this question is not on topic can someone please direct me to the proper
group)

Three years ago on a whim I put a few lemon seeds in a pot from a lemon I
bought at the grocery store (just a regular lemon, not organic or anything).
A tree did come up but after three years it's only about 6 inches high. I've
also struggled keeping it alive as it has almost died on a few occasions. I
live in Victoria BC Canada and I keep it inside for the winter and outside
for the summer. I have also never changed its soil. I water it twice a week
and feed it generic plant food sporadically.

I have never inquired how to care for this. Is it futile trying to grow
this tree. Since the seed came from a grocery store lemon, which I bet is
from a genetically modified super tree, will this tree bear any fruit at
all? Also I would like some tips about watering, soil, food etc. any help
appreciated.

Thank you very much
Colin

Lemon trees are very vigorous growers. Something is wrong to make yours
so unhappy. Supermarket lemon seeds are just fine.

Bob