Old 22-09-2004, 03:32 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Roy" wrote in message
.. here we just let it clump up
and get mushy and pull the stalks off as it will take up again in
spring where it left off the previous year.

** How cold do your winters get?

They sell dry taro
tubers,

** The black or purple tubers?

so I would assume if you dug it up and washed it, and placed
it in a plastic bag or a container filled with dry peat and place it
in a dark cool spot it will be right for next years go.

** I winter over my Caladium's, a related plant dry in their pots. But the
black taro has a mass of roots the Caladium's don't have. Drying these
roots may kill them - no?
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"They laugh because I'm different, I laugh because they're all the same."