Old 24-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Malcolm contains these words:

the same ones as you're growing now?...seriously, I can't see tomatoes
having any effect upon arthiritis in this way...maybe when you stopped
eating them, you started eating something else which has helped?

There's a brochuree issued by : www.healthychoices.ukhq.co.uk/
Which lists tomatoes as to be avoided. Yet apples (high acid content) and
cider vinegar (!) are recommended.

Why should the advice of a firm trying to flog a vitamin and mineral
tonic(1) necessarily be regarded as good?

One wouldn't expect such a firm to tell porkies.

In foods there are countless different acids, and not all of them will
affect rheumatoid conditions. Rhubarb does, though, and some people find
tomatoes do the same.

/snip/

I think I'll just go down the garden and eat some more of the excellent
tomatoes growing in the polytunnel. Who knows, some of the fulvates in
my soil might have got into them :-)

Doubtless.

--
Rusty