Old 25-09-2004, 02:41 AM
Roy

On 25 Sep 2004 00:38:28 GMT, EROSPAM (Ka30P) wrote:

===
===Our leaves seem to be turning a couple weeks
===earlier than I ever remember here.
===Which makes me nervous...
===
===
===kathy :-)
===algae primer
===

Well what leaves I have left on my trees here in Alabama, are all
messed up and wilted (just like the plants in Wal MArts garden
section) I think they took such a beating from Ivan that the
capilaries or whatever they are called got broken and no longer carry
any water etc to them. They look awfull. Usally they turn color before
dropping, and around here thats should not be until sometime in
November or so. All it takes right now is just a slight breeze and
tons of leaves just start falling. I do;pt have a single pine cone or
accorn left on any trees. Nor do I have sweetgum balls hanging either,
which I really do not miss as they are hard on barefeet! Usually the
sweet gums turn a deep crimson red and a bright orange yellow and then
fall, now they are wilted up green and falling........whle we normally
donot get much of a color change in this section like others do in
other states what little we usually get was always a nice change.
Guess old Ivan decided we don;t deserve that either. Oh well, all it
means is I'll either have more dead trees than I though I had, or I
get a chance for a head start on my fall cleanup. Just what I really
need as its been nothing but raking and cleaning up all the mess from
Ivan since he blew into town.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.