Old 25-09-2004, 03:34 AM
paghat

In article ox35d.17431$He1.6517@attbi_s01, "MPost"
wrote:

I have a great pear tree in my front yard that provides some of the
greatest, sweetest pears I've ever tasted. However, the squirrels have found
this out as well and in the past few years, have gotten to all of the pears
before I have. Any ideas on how I can prevent them from stealing my harvest?
There are plenty of other trees nearby, so preventing them from climbing the
trunk of the pear tree wouldn't help.

Here's the skinny on protecting fruit trees from squirrel harvest:
http://www.paghat.com/squirrelcontrol.html

-paggers

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"