Old 25-09-2004, 04:48 AM
Cereus-validus

The definition of a tree for Peter is something he usually wakes up under
after one of his all night benders!!!

So you say you are still getting acid flashbacks from the 60's? You really
are one hard core dead head!!!

You sure that wasn't actually Fat Freddie's cat you were getting that
lecture on while you were toking on that herbal bong?

(Too bad none of the European curmudgeons won't understand one word of this
posting. They might have been too busy goose-stepping to the oldies at the
time.)

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
Curious. Just today I asked this question of a snot-nosed, unwashed,
dishevelled, smelly piece of street trash leaning agaist a post, and golly
gosh! I received a lecture on quantum mechanics (including the
Schrodinger's cat example) together with the applications to chemical

bonds
and Reimann geometry and the solution thereto! Clearly Cereus Invalidus
Trollus Semper Est sure aint very street smart.

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
m...
That only goes to prove that using hits on the internet as a source for
statistical data is INSANE.

That's almost as bad as asking people on the street advice on quantum
mechanics.

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message
David Hershey schreef
Welwitschia is often referred to as a tree or dwarf tree, which

seems
reasonable.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...a+tree&spell=1

********
A tenuous line of reasoning!
Welwitschia (only) gives 14200 hits
Welwitschia plant gives 4270 hits
Welwitschia tree gives 3110 hits
Welwitschia car gives 2640 hits
"Welwitschia plant" gives 322 hits
"Welwitschia tree" gives 4 hits

Going by number of hits and by this line of reasoning the idea that
Welwitschia is a car is almost as likely as the idea that it is a

tree.

You might as well say that as 4/322 = 0.0124 that the idea that

Welwitschia
is a tree has a presence well below the 5% border and is

statististically
not significant.

Actually the first listed hit for Welwitschia
http://www.namibweb.com/welwitschia.htm
has it pretty much right:
" The plant resembles a woody carrot. "

PvR