Old 25-09-2004, 05:10 AM
Sterling

I just realized the pear tree I planted out at my mothers had pears, but no more and
I am sure it was the squirrels too. I am thinking about building a wire cage around
the tree. it all seemed to start with the edible pit apricot tree ... it was loaded
and then the squirrels stripped it in 24 hours and after that they went for all the
fruit. Ingrid

The plans I saw were very simple. You build in sections that can be
bolted together on the sides and top and collapsed at the end of the
season and then stacked in the basement. Like making several "screen
doors" with one that is hinged for access to your fruit. It is lot of
work and expense for getting fresh peaches.

If you find something simpler, please post it.

I'd think you would also have to put some barrier down into the ground
to prevent burrowing.

I'd rather use a .22 but my neighbors are too close.

They don't touch my fig tree. I don't like figs and I had tons of them
this year. Gave away baskets of them.

I HATE squirrels.