Old 25-09-2004, 05:13 AM
Lee

"gregpresley" wrote in message It reinforced the notion
....I have always had, that seeds have a timing all their own - and self-sown
seedlings have a way of picking the perfect environment for themselves -
which ensures that I have alyssum every year in certain areas, calendula in
others, and cosmos elsewhere..

i agree... have things coming up randomly and many of them I can't
remember ever having planted, some of them i planted summer before
last and can't remember what they are as by now the ID labels have
vanished. My daughter who lived 2 nd a half blocks away and I both had
a bunch of plants with huge flat leaves at the base the large stalks
coming up like a minosa candlabra with smaller leaves and then small
mallow like blooms going up the stalks progressively, some as tall as
5 feet! Must have been a bunch of blackbirds with diarrhea planting
them!
leo/lee