Old 22-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Crashj

On 20 Sep 2004 22:26:14 GMT, (HA HA Budys Here)
From: Crashj
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:49:05 GMT, GdeStOmar wrote:
I have made a small pond for a turtle. I'm wondering if anyone has a
technique for connecting electricity in the outdoors.

You need professional help. I am not being rude, I hope, it is just
that the answers to your questions are ones that an electrician would
automatically deal with. There are codes and standards for these
things.

This plastic cover is called a "code keeper" and is now required on all outdoor
outlets exposed to the weather.

If the metal conduit is ridgid pipe, it can be 6" in the ground. If it's
plastic pipe or type UF cable it has to be 12" in the ground.

The outlet must be located within 20', but no closer than 10' of the water's
edge.

"Not a professional electrician, but I know several"
--
Crashj

And now I have met another one, apparently. Thanks for the details.
BTW, is it "Budy" or "Buddy"? I guess this electrical thing is child's
play to you, eh?
--
Crashj