Old 25-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Frank Logullo said:
I understand now that skunks do not spray when confined but
I would not take chance of transporting when in trap.

Skunk *WILL* spray when confined but only when pushed to the limit.
For instance, when they have been wandering around for hours with a
cup stuck on their head and someone throws a blanket over them and
then claps a 6 gallon bucket down over the blanket and an empty trash
can on the bucket. They will spray bigtime. The blanket will be totalled.
The bucket and trash can are salvagable with plenty of time in the sun
far away from the house. The driveway will need cleaning. You will be
OK, but out some $$ hiring someone to take the miserable, smelly skunk
away.

I know this thing.

Releasing a skunk from a trap is much, MUCH safer and easier.

PS. McDonald's blizzard cup with the dome lid. I guess they don't want
the lid to pop off accidently. REMOVE THE LIDS before discarding.

(attributed to Don Marti)