Old 25-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Phil L

BAC wrote:
:: "Phil L" wrote in message
:: .. .
::: PK wrote:
:: SNIP
:::
::: I agree, but he will need a *lot* of sand and cement mixing to do
::: it this way, which adds expense and time to the job...it may work
::: out cheaper just to get someone in to do it, although for such a
::: project, my prices would work out at approximately £20 per square
::: metre...he may find someone cheaper locally.
:::
:::
::
:: Current BCIS guideprice for removing and replacing level paving
:: with 50mm precast concrete flags is just over £40/m2 excluding
:: VAT, including all necessary excavation, sub-base, etc.

These prices are way out...maybe if I was supplying the flags, then yes, but
these are already on site...60 square metres would take me no longer than
6 - 7 days working alone and I would need to buy a couple of tonnes of sand
and about £50 worth of cement...the ground is already excavated, prepared
and compacted.

Assuming
:: his 60 metres square means 60 m2, that's a tidy sum. Mind you, if
:: he means 60 metres by 60 metres, that's the best part of an acre,
:: and it would be damned expensive.

his 60m2 would equate to almost two and half grand by those prices, I could
do it for about half that and still make £150+ per day.