Old 25-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Lawrence Akutagawa

hmmm...try a solution of hot pepper powder and water, sprayed onto the
ripening fruit. I understand some folks bring the mix to a boil, then cool
it down. Strain before pouring into sprayer through cheescloth or something
similar to avoid stoppages. Difficulty with this approach is that you need
to respray from time to time, especially after a rain. And, of course, you
have to rinse off the fruit before eating....but you do that anyway, don't
you?

"MPost" wrote in message
newsx35d.17431$He1.6517@attbi_s01...
I have a great pear tree in my front yard that provides some of the
greatest, sweetest pears I've ever tasted. However, the squirrels have

found
this out as well and in the past few years, have gotten to all of the

pears
before I have. Any ideas on how I can prevent them from stealing my

harvest?
There are plenty of other trees nearby, so preventing them from climbing

the
trunk of the pear tree wouldn't help.