Old 25-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Suzie-Q

In article ,
"snafu" wrote:

- Fall has arrived which means the lawn mowing season is (finally) coming to
- an end. The question I have is what is better for a lawn - to mow one last
- time and leave the grass short through the winter or not to mow and leave
- longer blades for the grass to get started with next spring??
-
- TIA for any advice.

I was told by an "expert" (landscaper) to mow short so that the
grass can go dormant in the winter. (Apparently this makes for a
healthier lawn.) If the grass is too high I guess it doesn't go
dormant.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~