Old 25-09-2004, 11:26 PM
gardengnome gardengnome is offline
Registered User

Smile

Hi again - have since discovered that the pear tree has Pear Rust.

Would anyone out there have any practical advice on removing this from the tree. (only advice I can find is to remove any Junipers in the area).

Any help would be most welcome.

Gardengnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengnome
Hi there - am new to this so bear with me.

I'm trying to figure out what disease my pear tree has. I can't seem to be able to match the symptons to anything I can find on the web and hope someone out there may be able to distinguish what it may be from my description.

It seems to be affecting the leaves of the tree only and consists of a red blotch coming from the stem of the leaf. The peculiar bit however is the 'growth' on the back of the red spot which is approx 4mm in depth and has what appears to be little postules (consisting of what look like tiny hairs)coming from it. The growth is hard and when you split it it's white inside and looks a bit like the inside of a hazelnut.

Anyone any ideas? Would appreciate any advice you may have.

Gardengnome.