Old 26-09-2004, 01:53 AM
Warren

Suzie-Q wrote:
I was told by an "expert" (landscaper) to mow short so that the
grass can go dormant in the winter. (Apparently this makes for a
healthier lawn.) If the grass is too high I guess it doesn't go
dormant.

Cool season grasses may go dormant in the summer if not watered. They
continue to grow in cold weather, generally with slower growth as it
gets colder. Don't mistake slow growth for dormancy.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: What does a new kitchen need?
http://www.holzemville.com/community...hen/index.html