Old 26-09-2004, 02:50 AM
Rose

A couple of years ago I was walking past one of my shrubs, right next
to the sidewalk leading to the back of my house, when I saw a bees
nest inside it larger then my head. Shows how observant I am since I
walk by there all the time and I didn't notice it till it got that
big. It was weird. The hairs on the back of my neck raised up seeing
a bees nest that large, though I'm not normally bothered by flying
stinging critters.

I decided to leave it alone till the middle of winter, when during a
freezing cold day, I went out and whacked it good with a stick and
tossed the remnants into some faraway shrubs. I half expected to see
cold, sleepy, but angry bees shake themselves awake and come after me.

Course that won't help you with your hole. I'd either toss a bug bomb
of some sorts in there, or get a pro, leaning towards the later.

Swyck

Actually that was the same thing that I was thinking of doing. The bees have
somehow managed to get into one of the cushions of the porch furniture. Now I
went thru that "Laurel and Hardy" moment when I covered myself up and tried to
get the cushions off the furniture frame so that I could somehow dump it with
the trash but it is going to take some effort - so I decided to wait until it
get cold (and I do mean COLD!) before I get rid of the cushion.

Rose
http://members.aol.com/Roseb44170/home.html
"How did I ever get talked into this?"