Old 21-09-2004, 06:11 AM
Reka

Thanks, John. Now how do you get it off the frigging mount, or shall I just bury the whole mount in the bark? I don't have a
basket, but a net pot would probably do okay, I guess.
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"John Mallery" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
I have my L. pumila in a 4 inch basket with a medium bark mix. This allows
it to drain quickly, but not dry out as fast as a mount. I water mine twice
a week and it is in 60% humidity. It has grown very well, but has yet to
bloom. It seems that it is now blooming size and hopefully will bloom next
spring. Although mounts duplicate natural growing conditions, I have not had
much success with mounts and have moved nearly everything to pots. I have an
Encyclia bractescens on a mount that does extremely well - weed like
perhaps, but I have killed or "maimed" nearly everything else on a mount...

John

"Reka" wrote in message
Okay, I am not doing well with my pumila on a cork mount. I am a

windowsill grower. Can anyone suggest anything with lower
maintenance like SH or something? I have to water everything at the

kitchen sink, and hand watering four to five mounts once or
twice a day is too time consuming.

---