Old 26-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Pam - gardengal

"Michigan Tom" wrote in message
om...
My 40' spruce tree, which I believe is a Colorado, has a definite
pattern of a yellow spiral from top to bottom. It has been like this
all year and I was waiting for it to go away. It hasn't gotten any
better or worse. Should I worry? What can I do?

Okay, is it a pine tree as in the header or a Colorado spruce? Can't be both
:-)) Yellowing of needles sounds like a form of needle cast, but there are
several different ones that affect either spruces or pines. Typically a
fungal infection and usually not serious on a mature tree. Stress can be a
big factor - extremes in weather conditions or excess/too little water. Look
at cultural conditions first, but if symptoms persist you may need to treat.
http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extpubs/pla...es/pp789-3.htm

pam - gardengal