Old 26-09-2004, 07:15 PM
2pods

"Amanda" wrote in message
om...
"Lostin1999" wrote in message
"Amanda" wrote in message
om...
Hi , my first post here , just a quick question.

I have 2 sterlets in my pond , which are fine and healthy(apart from
one which insists on dragging half the pond round with his tail) , as
i have only had them for 6 month i have no idea how to treat them over
the winter months , pond shop people say treat them the same as rest
of my fish , does anyone own sterlets?...any advice would be
appreciated.

Many thanks

Amanda

I have sterlets/sturgeon in my pond, (long nosed) and they tend to stay
deep, im concerned about the one dragging stuff?? do you have bad
blanket
weed, as sterlets can get caught up in it and "drown".

fantastic fish, mine have been kept in a raised bath for 4 years (and
are
now in a pond half raised and half sunk) and coped well..

I feed a few sinking pellets once a week in winter (never sure if they
get
down to the sterlets tho..)

HTH

Lost

Thanks for the reply , one dragging stuff is a problem , constantly
checking on him , yet other one is great , not a problem , no idea why
one is and one isn't , dont have huge blanket weed prob. , just even
if theres one bit , he will find it and drag it round , thanks for
advice.

Amanda.

Saw a really nice one today at the local garden centre.
They have a huge new pond with a massive waterfall, and it was good to see
this 3' Sterlet who was usually in a 6' metal tank swimming freely.

There also had some really nice koi.

Peter