Old 27-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Ray

I split the scent category in two - the "perfumes" and the "naturals."

The "naturals" range from the cinnamon of Lycaste aromatica, to the vanilla
of most tricolor Sharry Baby clones, the chocolate of SB 'Sweet Fragrance',
coconut of Max tenuifolia, etc., and seem to be overall more pleasant than
the perfumes, as they can be light (most catt perfumes) to overwhelming,
like Zygopetalum mackayii in a closed space!

..
"danny" wrote in message
. ..
Phal. violacea, Phal. bellina have great fragrance
Maxillaria rufescens (smells like vanilla)
Gongora atropurpurea (smells like cinnamon to me). Many Gongoras are
nicely
fragrant.
-danny