Old 27-09-2004, 03:23 PM
S. M. Henning

(bill) wrote:

1) In pulling the dandelions, we digged many holes. How should we
do with them? Put some dirt, compost or it's fine to do nothing?

Put any soil you removed back into the hole and let it go. You can add
soil or compost if you are concerned about having a holes in your lawn

2) How to do with the small ones, wait until they grow?

That is all you can do.

3) In general what's your experience of southwest lawn care?
Someone does not like commercial programs such as Scotts program, how
do you think?

In a dry climate, many granular products may not work. They require
either rain or irrigation within a couple days after applying. The
spray products work much better. There are liquid products that have
applicators available so that you can walk around and just spray the
weeds and not waste money on the rest of the lawn. You must do this
when there will be no rain or irrigation for a couple days. It is a lot
easier than digging.

Personally, I like the nice yellow flowers that appear in my lawn every
spring. They bloom about a couple weeks and then just look green like
the rest of the lawn. It is better to improve the health of the lawn
than to spend a lot of time on the weeds. As long as your neighbors
have weeds, the seeds will drift onto your property. If you choose to
fight the weeds, it is an endless battle.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman