Old 28-09-2004, 02:26 AM
Mark Herbert

In article ,
(Max) wrote:

I am looking for a replacement for our buckthorns. I recently found
out about their invasiveness and would like to remove them.

However, finding a replacement has been impossible! I have a particular
spot by my house and deck that requires a shrub/tree to be 3' wide,
12'-15' tall. Could anyone recommend something (anything!) in that size?
This is for zone 5.

How would a nice columnar Juniper look in that spot? Something like
'Blue Point' or 'Skyrocket' would fit.

If I can't find a suitable replacement, I was thinking of removing the
female plants. No berries = no spreading, except in the (contained) bed
in my yard. What do you think?

Thanks,

Max