Old 23-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Cheryl

"Cheryl" wrote in message

"Ka30P" wrote in message
I'm just guessing but I'm assuming that a garden pond
keeper is more likely to find frogs and toads in the pond
rather than newts and salamanders.
And I'm thinking that newts and salamanders are more prevalent in suburbs
that
are more woodland in feel, where by design or happy accident, there are
more
woods, ferns, foresty areas than your more bulldoze it down and build it
suburbs that I think are more common in the West.

So a quick survey of current rec.ponders. How many of you have found
newts or
salamanders showing up in your pond?

kathy :-)
algae primer

I live in England and this year we had a total of 7 newts in the pond!

oh yes I forgot to mention the water snake too!