Old 28-09-2004, 06:48 AM
Franz Heymann

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:18:33 GMT, "Phil L"

wrote:

Franz Heymann wrote:
:: "Steve Harris" wrote in message
:: ...
::: In article ,
::: (Steve) wrote:
:::
:::: Is there a generic eqivalent I might buy?
:::
::: Look for weedkillers mentioning glyphosphate as an ingredient.
:::
:::: And where from?
:::
::: Garden Centres, etc.
::
:: But make sure you compare like with like when looking at prices.
:: The stuff is being marketed at various concentrations.
::
Yep!
B&Q do their own glyphosate weedkiller ready to use...it's a really

weak
solution though....I don't know of anyone who does it the same

concentration
as 'Roundup' itself.

Does the B&Q concentration work?

Yes, probably. But what you need to compare is the price per unit
volume of liquid multiplied by the concentration.
Alternatively, if the bottles display the soil area covered, compare
the price per unit area.

Franz