Old 28-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Victoria Clare

"andrewpreece" wrote in news:4158b7b2@
212.67.96.135:

The most consistent plants I have are Brachycombes ( Swan River Daisies).
They're supposed to be tender annuals but mine ( southwest )
grow as perennials, tumbling over a palisade.

They sound awesome: I shall have to get some!

My tip for similar performance is osteospermums - again tough and long-
flowering.

I'd also suggest periwinkles for the awkward sloping banks - they are
evergreen and grow naturally in that kind of situation.

Lonicera pileata, the box-leaved honeysuckle, is what I have as ground
cover on some of my banks: it's not the prettiest flowering plant, but no
weeds grow and nothing needs to be done to it. And the purple berries are
quite pretty, and the bees like it.

Victoria

--
Clare Associates Ltd